EU sanctions will continue to apply in the UK until 11pm on 31 December 2020. This page will be updated if legislation or guidance changes during the transition period
Venezuela is subject to financial sanctions imposed by the EU. You can view Council Regulation (EU) 2017/2063 on restrictive measures in Venezuela online.
These sanctions were introduced on 13 November 2017.
The EU introduced this sanctions regime because of:
- serious human rights violations / abuses
- actions, policies and activities that undermine democracy or the rule of law in Venezuela.
You can view Council Regulation (EU) 2017/2063 on restrictive measures in Venezuela online.
You can find the most recent amendments to the Regulation by searching on EUR-Lex – an online database that provides free access to EU law, international agreements and other public documents. Just:
- enter the Regulation number into the search bar
- open the relevant page and
- click ‘document information’
Regulations which will come into force from 11pm on 31 December 2020
Published 15 November 2017
Last updated 13 November 2020
+ show all updates
- Updated with ‘Latest HM Treasury notice, 13/11/2020, Venezuela (Reg 2020/1696)’
- Updated with ‘Latest HM Treasury Notice, 04/08/2020, Venezuela (Correction)’
- Updated with “Latest HM Treasury notice, 30/06/2020, Venezuela (Reg 2020/897)”
- Updated to add Latest HM Treasury notice, 19/12/2019, Venezuela (Corrigenda)
- Updated with ‘Latest HM Treasury notice, 13/11/2019, Venezuela (Reg 2019/1891)’.
- Updated with ‘Latest HM Treasury Notice, 27/09/2019, Venezuela (Reg 2019/1403)’
- Updated with ‘Latest HM Treasury Notice, 10/07/2019, Venezuela (Reg 2019/1169)’.
- Updated with ‘latest HM Treasury Notice 08/11/2018. Venezuela (Reg 2018/1653)’.
- Updated with latest HM Treasury Notice 26/06/2018, Venezuela (Reg 2018.899).
- Updated with latest HM Treasury notice, 01/03/2018, Venezuela (correction)
- Updated with Current list of designated persons: Venezuela and Latest HM Treasury notice, 22/01/2018), Venezuela (Reg 2018/88)
- Included link to UK regulations
- First published.